Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Slow-cooked Lamb Shanks

I had an urge to make lamb shanks. 


About 2pm I did the preparation.

  • 2 lamb shanks
  • 2 carrots
  • 2 celery stalks
  • 1 onion
  • Konriko Greek seasoning (to taste, should have used more)
  • 1 cup beef broth

The vegetables got a very rough chop, everything got coated in seasoning and it went into the Instant Pot with a cup of beef broth on Slow Cook for 4 hours.

After the slow cook, I removed the lamb shanks and added:

  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1 cup rice

I put the beef shanks back in so they'd be on top, then closed up the pot and set for Rice.

I feel like this is a good approach, which gives a sort of East European pilaf result. That said, it could probably have benefited from even more Greek seasoning, or at least more salt.

1 comment:

Lavender Tart said...

It was delicious! Thank you so much for your dedication in the kitchen. I'm a very lucky woman. :-*