Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Instant Pot Lamb Stew

 I figured I might as well write down some of these recipes somewhere.


I was originally planning to make lamb shanks, but although I had seen them at the grocery store recently, they weren't available on the day I went shopping. Here's what I ended up using.

  • 3 round-bone lamb shoulder chops
  • 2 carrots (one was quite large)
  • 3 celery stalks
  • 1 medium onion
  • 2-3 pinches of salt
  • Several generous grinds of black pepper
  • A pinch of dried thyme
  • A pinch of dried rosemary
  • Enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the Instant Pot
  • Red wine
  • Beef stock

Roughly chop and dice the vegetables into a bowl. Add salt, pepper, and herbs, and toss them around a bit.

Set the Instant Pot to sauté. When it's hot, add the oil and vegetables and cook until they've softened up bit.

While the vegetables are cooking, de-bone and cube the lamb into bite-sized pieces. I saved the bones to make stock later.

When the vegetables are ready, add the lamb. Put the cover on the Instant Pot, make sure the pressure valve is in the closed position, and set the pot to Stew. When the cycle is complete, it's ready to serve.

I served mine with some take-and-bake French bread, and I recommend putting the bread in your bowl first and ladling stew over it.

No comments: