Friday, November 17, 2023

Chicken Paprikash Soup

Surely I am not the first to think of it, but the thought of Chicken Paprikash Soup occurred to me, and I decided to make it in the Instant Pot.

I used...

  • 4 chicken thighs
  • 3 carrots
  • 3 celery stalks
  • 1 onion
  • about 3 tablespoons of sweet paprika
  • plenty of salt and black pepper
  • olive oil
  • chicken stock
  • pasta
  • sour cream
  • white wine (optional)

I first put the chicken thighs in a large mixing bowl with salt and pepper and tossed them until well coated. I covered the bowl and set them aside.

I then peeled the carrots and chopped all the vegetables into smallish chunks and put them in the Instant Pot with some olive oil, salt and pepper and cooked them on sauté until they were softened. It probably wouldn't hurt to add some mushrooms at this point, but I didn't have any on hand.

When the vegetables were ready, I added the paprika and stirred it all well. I then added the chicken thighs. I added enough chicken stock to almost cover the chicken, then I added wine to finish covering the chicken.

I put the lid on the Instant Pot and set for Meat/Stew. When that was done (default of 45 minutes), I removed the lid, added some pasta, put the lid back on, and set for Soup.

When done (default 30 minutes), I let it stay on Keep Warm until dinner time.

Stir in some sour cream at serving time. We also had some French bread with ours.

No comments: