Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Chicken Tortilla Soup

 This went rather well, so it should be shared. This is another Instant Pot recipe.


The ingredients aren't too complicated:

  • 2 chicken thighs, well coated in salt and pepper.
  • 2 celery ribs, chopped into thin bits
  • 2 green bell peppers, diced (no cores)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • ~1/4 cup green salsa
  • Chicken stock
  • ~1 tbsp corn starch

Started with the celery, peppers, and onions in the pot on sauté with some salt and pepper until softened.

As they were going, I also put the chicken thighs in skin-side down to brown that up a bit.

As the veggies were soft, I put the corn starch on them and stirred them around.

When a fond was forming from the veggies and chicken, I added enough chicken stock to deglaze the pot. After that, I added the salsa and the rest of the chicken stock (enough to just cover the chicken) and stirred everything together.

I then put the lid on the pot, made sure the pressure valve was "closed", and set for Soup.

When all was done, I just ladled it into bowls and crushed some tortilla chips on top.

And I think this one was a winner.

No comments: