Friday, November 17, 2023

Vividora Cocktail

 After watching an Anders Erickson video on the Boulevardier, I was intrigued enough to want to make something like it myself. I do not have bourbon or Campari in the house at the moment, but I do have Aperol, and I do have an Italian vermouth: Carpano Antica; it's old, but Wine Saver seems to have kept it good, so here we go.

  • 1.5 oz Bumbu Reserve XO rum
  • .75 oz Aperol
  • .75 oz Carpano Antica
I just poured these into a tumbler over a big block of ice and stirred. An orange twist would be a good garnish, but I didn't have one or anything I would consider a suitable alternative, so no garnish.

I am pleased with the result. It needs a proper name.

Update: I'm going with Vividora, which seems to be a more-or-less equivalent Spanish term.


No comments: