Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Tough Week

Sometimes when it rains, it pours. Actually, I'm not sure that isn't the standard.

I spent the holiday weekend in east Tennessee, assisting my parents. My father went to the hospital for hip replacement surgery on Tuesday, and not a moment too soon. The joint had gone so bad he was barely able to get in and out of a wheelchair by Monday.

Of course, that's not the end of it. To add to that stress, my wife's horse chose this weekend to come down with colic. For those unfamiliar with horses, that's a life-threatening blockage of the small intestine. Unfortunately, in this case, it did more than threaten, and poor Rutger didn't make it.

So, no, I can't say I had a particularly pleasant holiday. I hope nothing serious happened in the two days I took off from work, because I couldn't even summon up the energy to remotely connect. I'll just have to get whatever needs doing done tomorrow.

I hope you, my handful of readers, had a better time.

Tomorrow I'll hopefully have something more cheerful to report.

2 comments:

Tam said...

Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's horse. Hopefully your father is now on the road to recovery.

Best wishes to you, your wife, and father.

Joe said...

Hang in there. Its bound to swing the other way eventually.

Good wishes to your Dad.

Hugs to your wife.