Friday, June 17, 2005

A Full Night of Dance

We had dance class last night (for a change), and I was surprised to find that I had four new students. These are people with no SCA affilication (yet) who learned about the class through the newsletter published by Cohn Adult Education Center, where we have our classes. If that doesn’t make sense to you, you need to know that, technically, the SCA activities at Cohn (both the dance classes and our fighter practices) are Cohn Community Education classes.

So, last night I taught Ballo del Fiore, Black Nag, Black Alman, and Official Bransle. All are rather common dances in the Kingdom, there’s a good spread among English, Italian, and French. I rather like that format, so I shall endeavor to come up with a lesson plan by next class (which should actually be July 7th; I need to update everyone on that).

No comments: