Monday, June 27, 2005

Border Raids Aftermath

I spent most of the day at Border Raids fencing, and my muscles won't let me forget it. Most of the day I sucked pretty bad, too. This is what I get for letting practice slip so often recently.

I had a pretty good time during the flag battle, though. Someone stabbed me in the toe, leaving me in a perfect position to observe the battle lines around the flag. I just stayed put and directed traffic, sending our reserves to appropriate places and watching for enemy flank attempts. It was kind of a pity that the battle got cut short because of the heat.

I also got to fight beside the Queen of the Midrealm during the interkingdom rapier practice in the afternoon. I was pretty much "on" during that practice, and we had a good record of success. I always like to see royals on the fencing field; it's unfortunate that so few of my own kingdom's royalty take any interest in rapier.

Dance was a bit difficult, since we were outside the hall with very little light, but we did have at least twelve people dancing at one point, so I call it a decent revel.

Hopefully Cumberland Centre will have made enough on this event to pour a concrete floor in their main hall. The new showers house is very nice, but it's going to need hot water before they use it in any season but high summer.

No comments: