Thursday, December 15, 2005

Unexpected But Amusing

As any regular visitor knows, I check my Sitemeter records fairly frequently to see where my visitors are coming from. I find it amusing to see the Google search terms that lead people to my weblog, and if someone actually linked to me, I like to go see the context and even drop a comment if the site allows.

Well, I followed one of those links to Ex Cathedra, the weblog of Bob Crispen and family. He's apparently a pretty devout Christian, although religious content doesn't seem to actually dominate his posts. I was curious how someone had found my site from his and was looking for a link to one of my posts within one of his, but I found the actual link in the sidebar. He's got me in his sidebar of blog links under the heading "Heresy".

I guess I'm not in much of a position to deny it, but I wonder what prompted him to categorize me there. There seem to be a lot of anti-ID bloggers under that heading, so I can only guess that he put me there on some kind of creationist impulse. Am I growing beyond "small fry" in the blog pool?

2 comments:

Lord Runolfr said...

I am getting the impression from further reading that Crispen is not a creationist. At the very least, he's not an ID creationist. I'm not sure whether his listing me as a heretic is supposed to be an insult or a compliment, at this point.

Lord Runolfr said...

So I asked "Rev. Bob" in the comments to one of his posts. His answer...

Considering that what we’re seeing in the U.S.A. today is the triumph of orthodoxy, and considering how well that’s working out, what do you think?

While I'm sure there are people on the orthodox side who think things are working out great, I'll take the statement in the context of my further reading of Bob's site and call it a compliment.