Thursday, July 06, 2006

We Definitely Live in the Country

I have two amusing pictures to share that were taken today. First, a picture of a regular visitor we get out here at the farm.


This deer has been coming around frequently to taunt our dogs. She will walk right up the fence and has even jumped the fence to lead the dogs on a merry chase around the field or, as often as not, to chase them around the field. I don't pretend to know what's going on in this animal's mind. Maybe it just amuses her. It's not like our dogs are terribly threatening. The smallest, seen in the picture, is actually the bravest of our three.

Later in the day, while I was at work, my lady wife took the following picture in our garden.


Honestly, I'm surprised my wife got close enough to take the picture. She absolutely detests things with eight legs, but she still found this big spider carrying her offspring on her back to be interesting enough to go get the camera.

And on an unrelated note. The 38th Skeptics Circle has been posted.

No comments: