Friday, May 27, 2005

WoW: The Flying Dutchman

Gondul has run into trouble. After tidying up a couple of quests in Tirisfal, I decided it was time to take her to Thunder Bluff to learn to use a firearm (stopping by the auction house in Orgrimmar to put some copper for sale en route). I therefore climbed the tower west of Lordaeron and south of Brill to catch a zepplin across the sea.

That turns out to be a big mistake, at least with my computer issues. I boarded the blimp without any difficulty (I even have a screen shot of Gondul standing in the bow), but there's apparently a rather large information exchange that has to take place during the crossing, and that caused me a vast amount of lag. So much lag, in fact, that I never even saw the dismbarkation point at Orgrimmar: the boat stopped and left again before the screen rendered. Gondul never got a chance to move. Nor did she get a chance to disembark back at Lordaeron. She's cursed to an endless cycle of ocean blimp crossings.

I'm not quite sure how to get her out of this fix. I don't think I can do it with my computer. I may have to login from someone else's computer or reveal my login information to someone with a faster machine to break her out of the cycle.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, dear. That's troubling. I've had characters get stuck in Ironforge loops, and logging back on at about 3AM has helped. Perhaps the lessening of pressure on the server? I know not.

*crosses fingers* Hope she makes it off the zeppelin...

Anonymous said...

Never had this problem... you must be using a REALLY slow machine, or you're on a very high populated server....