Monday, February 07, 2005

House Optimus

After many requests for suggestions from our other campers (with none forthcoming), my wife and I finally settled on "House Optimus" for our Gulf Wars camp group name. Is that conceited? Could be. But, we do have the intent of pursuing excellence in everything we do in the SCA. Our goal, as a household, is to "raise the bar" for everything from event planning to feast quality to combat expertise. I'm not sure exactly how a group officially becomes a "household" in the SCA; for all I know, it's just a matter of registering a name and device for the group. I'll have to find out (feel free to post a comment if you know).

Anyway, we think we have the required number of people for a land grant at Gulf Wars, and we expect to be camped down past the equestrians near kennel lands and the parking areas (rather convenient, in some ways). This is a pretty good location for equestrians, coursers, and fencers; not so much for heavy fighters.

There's a party on the agenda for Friday night at the war. My wife and I will be hosting the wedding reception we never had. Let's hope it doesn't rain.

No comments: