Tuesday, July 09, 2024

Haricots Jaunes

This one is really about the yellow beans from the Madison Farmers' Market. These came from Una Acre Farm somewhere in Middle Tennessee. Cherry tomatoes are from the same source.

 

The chicken thighs were seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and put in the air fryer at 380F for thirty minutes. No big deal.

The cherry tomatoes were cut in half (for the most part) and seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, and Gina's Italian Seasoning. They got to marinate most of the afternoon.

I've never had yellow beans before, but I was told I could treat them like green beans, and haricots verts are the version of green beans that I have been able to tolerate. Don't give me boiled green beans, I don't want them.

  1. Blanch the green beans in very salty boiling water for about three minutes.
  2. Drain the beans (and dry them in a salad spinner, if you're me) and return them to the pan with half a stick of butter.
  3. Season the beans with black pepper while sautéing them.
  4. Remove the beans from the heat when they are tender enough to suit you and serve immediately.
Nothing complicated, but I am happy with the result, so I think I'll be picking up some more yellow beans while they are in season.

No comments: