Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Yes, I'm a Slacker

I know. I haven't updated in nearly a month. In my defense, I have to set up a weblog for the Saltare Guild. I've got a few events coming up in the next couple of months, including this year's Saltare event, which will be on the weekend of February 14th. I'm finding that I have a few other Saltare related projects to do this year, as well, like get an accurate roster of members who can teach.

I've transcribed roughly half of chapter 12 of The Schoole of Defence, having gotten past Swetnam's descriptions of the basic guards for rapier and dagger and started on his descriptions of the basic attacks. Once it's all transcribed, I'll have to format it for the internet and find a place to host it.

I also have a preliminary list of dances for the Beginners' Ball at Gulf Wars. In no particular order, I've picked...
  • Ballo del Fiore
  • Black Nag
  • Heart’s Ease
  • Half Hannikin
  • Sellingers’ Round
  • Amoroso
  • Gathering Peascods
  • Official Bransle
  • Hole in the Wall
  • Horses Bransle
  • Petite Riens
  • Grimstock
  • Jenny Pluck Pears
  • Rufty Tufty
  • Montarde Bransle
  • Anello
Obviously, I've avoided the one's that will require heavy teaching at the ball. In general, an experienced dancer should be able to drag a set of beginners though most of these without too much trouble. I'll also be working on a cheat sheet for the ball, just to make things even easier.

No comments: