- Neither I nor any of my friends/allies will go anywhere alone; splitting up to gather supplies or search an area is right out.
- If I have shot the killer/monster in the chest and it hasn’t been affected, I will at least try a headshot.
- I will make use of the known traits of any killer or monster that is threatening me; if it’s afraid of cats, for instance, I won’t go anywhere without one.
- I will wear sensible shoes, so I won’t have any difficulty running, should it become necessary.
- I will never abandon a weapon; you never know when it will come in handy. Needless to say, if I suspect there's a hostile person or monster about, I won't go anywhere unarmed.
- I will get a pocket maglite with a lanyard and keep it handy.
- I will be immediately suspicious of anyone that causes dogs to bark or cats to hiss. At the first sign of trouble, I will endeavor to obtain a friendly dog or cat as a warning system.
- Finding a wandering cat after hearing a strange noise does not mean that I have found the source of the noise.
- I will not dismiss a “supernatural” threat just because I’m a scientist or skeptic; if it has observable and repeatable effects, it moves into the realm of the “natural”, anyway.
- If I’ve incapacitated a murderer/monster with a history of surviving “mortal” injuries, I will dismember the body; burn the parts; secure the ashes of each in separate, sealed containers; and bury the individual containers at widely separated locations.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Something that came up in conversation at the Halloween party over the weekend. I'm sure that this could be expanded greatly.