Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lim Yang: Parter in Crime

It's about time I made use of a scam email that's been sitting in my mailbox since March.
My proposition to you is to seek your consent, A deceased client of mine, that shares the same last name as yours, who died as the result of heart-related conditionin March 12th 2007. His heart condition was due to the death of all the members of his family in the tsunami disaster on the 26th December 2004 in Sumatra Indonesia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Indian_Ocean_earthquake.

I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this deposit valued at Nineteen million dollars (US$19million dollars) is lodged. This bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin, or the account will be confiscated. I will like you to acknowledge the receipt of this e-mail as soon as possible via my private email [deleted].

Best regards,
Lim Yang
Attorney at Law
Yeah, right. A lawyer is going to be dumb enough to ask a stranger to help him embezzle money from a bank just because I happen to have the same last name as his client.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- people with millions of dollars in the bank have estate plans; any fortune they have in a bank account is not going to be left hanging with no one to claim it. The deceased in this particular scam had three years to figure out how to dispose of his millions upon his death.

People who send these emails count on the world being full of gullible morons to receive them.

No comments: