Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tortellini Pulpo

Okay, I'm mixing terms from different languages that may not go together, but they're the labels on the ingredients, so we'll just deal with them.

Dinner in a bowl
This is my second go at making a dish with Vigo brand Spanish octopus ("pulpo" in the Spanish portion of the label). The ingredients here are pretty simple.
  • 1 can of Vigo Spanish octopus
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
  • one quarter of a yellow onion, diced
  • about a tablespoon of olive oil
  • about a teaspoon of minced garlic
  • extra basil, salt, and pepper to taste

I started by sauteeing the onions in garlic in olive oil over medium heat. When the onion was translucent, I added the octopus, salt, and basil for a quick saute. Next, the tomatoes and tortellini went into the pan, which I covered to allow the (frozen) tortellini to thoroughly defrost and heat up.

Canned octopusWhat goes inSaute onions and garlic
Open tomatoes, octopus, and tortelliniSaute octopus
Add tomatos and tortellini

1 comment:

N said...

This makes me sad that we did not take photos of the clam steaming process.