Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sarge's Shack

This is somewhat overdue, but William, Juliana, and I stopped at a little roadhouse called Sarge's Shack both going to and returning from Magna Faire.



Sarge's serves a pretty standard "roadhouse" menu of steaks, chicken, and fish dishes with southern country sides. The beauty is that it's all good. On the way down, I ordered a pretty small steak medium rare, and when I first saw it I was worried that -- being on the thin side -- it would be overdone. Nope, it was a perfect medium rare. The cooks at Sarge's absolutely know what they're doing. If you're traveling between Nashville, TN, and Huntsville, AL, Sarge's Shack is an excellent place to stop for lunch or dinner.

I took pictures on our second stop, on the way back from Magna Faire for Sunday lunch, so -- unfortunately -- no steak pictures.

Sarge's is at Exit 14 off I-65, south of NashvilleSarge's ShackSome of the interior
Menu, side 1Menu, side twoThey know what RARE means
Chicken stripsFried catfishFried green tomatos and potato soup

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Ted -
This comment has absolutely nothing to do with Sarge's(although I'll remember the endorsement if I'm ever in that area); it just happens to have been the most recent entry when I hooked up with your blog!
It's Christmas Day, I'm in Colorado with the fam, and I'm taking a Lazy Day - no workouts, minimal cooking, jammies only. I've been meaning to visit your blog since you've been commenting on mine, and today's the day I have done that!
I've loved reading your posts and watching the videos! I think you are an unbelievably interesting person and I look forward to getting to know you better, even if you are an insufferable know-it-all!
I think I miss yet another SL get-together, but I'll attend all I can when I get home. That group has been so good for me.
Happy Holidays - have a great New Year!!
Gayle