Friday, May 06, 2005

Family Health Issues

I was hoping to be able to do something arts & craftsy this weekend, as well as go shopping for a hot tub with my lovely lady, but I may be heading back to Johnson City, instead. My grandmother is in the hospital with some abdominal issues. From phone conversations it sounds like they're under control, but it would probably help my mother to have someone to vent to.

Assuming I don't leave town, I'll try to be energetic enough to dig a charcoal kiln and cut up some of the trees that are lying about the yard under the pretense of being firewood. That would make two projects I could conceivably submit to kingdom A&S (assuming the charcoal burning finishes quickly).

2 comments:

Lord Runolfr said...

For the time being, it seems as though I shall be staying at home. I spoke to my father, and he doesn't think it's the right time for me to drive out to JC just now. At my wife's recommendation, though, I shall keep a packed bag in my car in case I need to head east in a hurry.

Lord Runolfr said...

Well, there have been some complications. She's certainly not any better, and she may be worse; there seems to be some disagreement among the attending physicians and nurses on the prognosis. Only time will tell, I suppose.