- Open a can of pineapple chunks and drain the juice into a measuring cup.
- Combine the juice with water to make two cups and put it in a small pot.
- Add curry spice (adjust as you see fit).
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Add a cup of brown rice, bring to a boil, turn heat to low, cover, and leave to simmer 20 minutes.
- Put one or two chicken breasts in a 375-degree oven for the same time.
- Take the chicken from the oven and cut it into bite-sized pieces, add it to the rice pot.
- Add about a cup of black beans (roughly half a can) to the pot.
- Stir, cover, and let simmer another 10-15 minutes.
Wednesday, February 09, 2011
I made a batch of this over the weekend, and I got a request to post the recipe, so here we go.