This is my second go at making a dish with Vigo brand Spanish octopus ("pulpo" in the Spanish portion of the label). The ingredients here are pretty simple.
- 1 can of Vigo Spanish octopus
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- one quarter of a yellow onion, diced
- about a tablespoon of olive oil
- about a teaspoon of minced garlic
- extra basil, salt, and pepper to taste
I started by sauteeing the onions in garlic in olive oil over medium heat. When the onion was translucent, I added the octopus, salt, and basil for a quick saute. Next, the tomatoes and tortellini went into the pan, which I covered to allow the (frozen) tortellini to thoroughly defrost and heat up.