Tuesday, February 24, 2009

After a Long Absence

Yes, it’s been very nearly a month since I last posted. A rather full month, as it turns out. Early in February, I got laid off. This was particularly annoying, since during the interview process the company had explained at length that they wanted someone who would stay full time rather than run off after other opportunities within a few months. Nonetheless, when the economy started to sour, I rather suddenly became less of a necessity and more of an expensive luxury.

Fortunately, I hadn’t burned any bridges with my previous employer, so I was able to get another job offer within a week. I’m now back with my previous company, earning more than I earned from them before, but not as much as I was getting from the company that laid me off. Still, I’ll be able to pay the bills, so I’m not going to complain overmuch.

That said, the upheaval has upset my life somewhat, and having various cars suddenly need repairs hasn’t helped. The most annoying downside, however, is that I won’t be able to go to Gulf Wars this year. This will be the first Gulf Wars I’ve missed since I started seriously playing in the SCA, so I’m more than a little bummed. Maybe things will settle down enough for me to go to Pennsic, instead.

Saltare came and went during the job crisis, and I did manage to go to that, so I have a few pictures to share.

No comments: